Tuesday, July 3, 2007

She's my Rushmore

I worked twenty eight hours in three days. Phew, for a minute there, I lost myself. These laborious hours include the holiday Monday, which should be time and a half; however, Shell pays me cash "underneath the oil rig" so I do not benefit from rare government enforced handouts. This mildly inflames me. Shell is a like Scrooge - a miser with ostentatious wealth. I am like Tiny Tim - a blindly dedicated slave desperately attempting to scrap together enough cash to attain a University degree.
On July 1st The Fan590 (Toronto's sports radio station) brought opprobrium upon Canada and its citizens. Everyone knows July 1st is the beginning of the NHL's unrestricted free agency period. As the proud and courageous citizen I am, I was working the oil fields and listening to the latest mad fury of free agent signings when after a stingy two hours of coverage the Fan590 switches to - brace for it - baseball. The pre-game coverage asked the question: what is Canada's greatest baseball moment? Disgracefully, citizens (likely illegal) called in from across the GTA expressing their cheery baseball memories. The ironic thing is that earlier in the show the commentators were speaking of a lack of Canadian pride - they just interrupted hockey coverage for baseball!; loney, dears!

Anywhoers, the Leafs ended up signing Jason Blake to a five year contract. He's an aging veteran coming off a career year. The signing will inevitably come back to haunt them, in the form of an anti-Casper like ghost; looking similar to Bryan McCabe.

This reminds me, I must create a new e-mail address. I've been working on a new address for about seven years now. Any suggestions are welcome.

2 comments:

Kowalski said...

zzzzz
hockey's boring
the leafs are doomed

plus as your father said...you were all hyped when mccabe was signed!

on the other hand now BASEBALL is an amazing sport!

Belmondo Cafe said...

Funny you say that on the 4th.