Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Let Me Introduce My Friends

"Oh don't be afraid,
Don't be afraid,
'Cause everything is gonna turn out to be okay." -- Ola Kala -- I'm From Barcelona.

If your searching for a band-aid for your wounds, look no further than the Swedish indie-pop/shoegazing scene: I'm From Barcelona, The Concretes, Loney, Dear, The Radio Dept., Paperplane... These bands will fill your spirit with euphoria and lift you to a more pleasant existence. But remember these are just band-aids and will not offer long-term ecstasy.

"DON'T GIVE ON YOUR DREAMS, BOY. DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS, NOW BUDDY."

Life is harder than most rocks, but fortunately Swedish-pop is soft as love.
LISTENER BEWARE: There are some Swedish-pop frauds like Robyn. They offer nothing but empty, soul omitting music similar to Britney Spears/Kelly Clarkson and other such corporate whores. Rest assured, my suggestions are subterranean and free of labellings.

I realize the quotes I've given aren't profound or anything, but the profundity rests in the waaay it's delivered - with heart, soul, and originality.

Peace. May the oppressors become free of themselves.

2 comments:

Belmondo Cafe said...

I condemn this post.

Kowalski said...

condemned from birth