Thursday, May 24, 2007

Absentminded, Daydreaming Daff

Today, I drove alllllll the way to Costco in Ajax (one of the nearest civilizations to Uxbridge, but still, a fair distance). My primary mission was to return a sweater that ill-fitted my Mother. Upon my arrival I realized I forgot the sweater. "Loney, dears, " I mutter. The intriguing thing though, is that this isn't an isolated incident. You may describe me as a scatterbrain. I'm okay with this though; my daydreaming is worth it. I dream good dreams. One day, when I've achieved my dreams, I will become fully functional as dreaming will no longer be necessary.
I was also supposed to purchase some Bibles at Chapters; a smaller, more handy one for me and one for my poor, misguided Koran-stomping amigo. Finding The Bible in Chapters is remarkably difficult. I don't understand. The Bible is the greatest selling book of all time; you'd think they'd advertise it or something. After I stumbled around the store for a while, I happened upon the Religion section. The selection choice was poor. After some awkward, indecisive moments, I choose not to purchase anything. I would venture to a Christian bookstore somewhere. But there was no time! Another day, I suppose.
What an unproductive trip. To give me some sort of accomplishment, I decided to grocery shop in Ajax, instead of hitting up the traditional Zehrs of Uxbridge. While shopping, I noticed that sometimes I hum/talk to myself. I think other customers noticed too.
I attempted to use that self check-out contraption and failed. I missed that intimate moment with the cashier anywhoers.
Some cars decided it'd be most efficient if they drove painstakingly slow; Florida slow. I became rather vexed but then Loney, Dear came on harmoniously singing, "Now, let it goooooooo. Nooow, let it goooooooo."
Earlier, I had Joanna Newsom blaring. Thankfully, it was a hoot day and my windows were rolled down because otherwise her screeching voice may of shattered them. I defs received some odd looks from a few normies. Message to Newsom haters: Screw you. Actually, that goes for all of ya.

1 comment:

Kowalski said...

oh loneys that was a delightful surprise! wicked read