Thursday, August 9, 2007

Update List Five

1. I have a Sociology examination tomorrow. Loneys.

2. A new spanking email will be unveiled shortly.

3. I've been hitting up shoegaze/dream pop lately. After falling for Asobi Seksu, I thought it appropriate to venture back into the beginnings of these genres so that I may respect the foundations -- otherwise I'd be akin to a Muse fan who neglects Radiohead; thus, I'm allowing my ears to pick up the sonically-ambiguous soundscapes of My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Mazzy Star, The Jesus Mary Chain, Cocteau Twins and what have you. At first, I was uneasy listening to Mazzy Star because their song "Fade Into You" has played on virtually every "hit" Fox teen TV show. But after some careful research, I discovered that Mazzy Star repudiated their fame and were notoriously difficult in interviews, frequently responding with monosyllables or no response all; this gave me peace in my Mazzy Star listening endeavors.

4A. I will learn advanced photoshop skills and improve upon my lacklustre photos.

4B. I will learn rudimentary web making skills and design some below mediocre blog so I'm not confined and censored as I am here at Blogspot. Plus, everyone has blogspot or some other high profile blogging source and the unoriginality of it all is tragic.

5. I contritely watch Big Brother three times a week. No matter what you think I will continue to do so and cheer on my favourite reality stars. Is it ironic that I despise the three Christians on show? Or is it just natural because Christians are misrepresented socially and politically?

1 comment:

Kowalski said...

I'm glad you've embraced shoegaze...cocteau twins is a hard sell tho...and so is my bloody valentine. They're more melancholy and introspective. I'm amused by your big brother addictions...I myself am a slave to american tv