Sunday, August 12, 2007

Loomer

I viewed this picture, Stardust -- not for cinematic value; but to heal my sore eyes on the toothsome Michelle Pfeiffer. By Jove! she has aged; not the Pfeiffer I fondly recall from The Fabulous Baker Boys. TFFB (as "fans" call it), was filmed way back in '88 and that was -- whoa! nearly twenty years ago! Well, I suppose, she is the most delectable forty-something my eyes will ever lay upon.
After the picture, we -- my confreres and hotnags (I) -- headed over for some grand family fun at Boston Pizza. I ordered an Italian pasta dish, which was a far distance from ambrosia but good enough for me and the contemporary Michelle Pfieffer. The conversation shifted to music and exuberantly I began speaking of My Bloody Valentine and other shoegaze artists who have made life worth while lately. Not one confrere had heard of this foreign sounding "shoegaze" and despondently no one cared to expand their listening propensities. The conversation turned to The Peppers and some chatter about Flea. I mentioned John Frusciante and confusion ensued: "Who is this John Frusciante that mad Nags is mentioning?; a man from some indie band no doubt". I looked ruefully at my plate where I had been carefully dissecting my dinner with my fork functioning as the instrument of exhibition.
Aight, I have Big Brother lined up on CBS now; a shame really as I intended to speak on my most pressing global concern at the moment: hitchhiking. Upon reading "On The Road" my opinion of hitchhiking is quite clear: It's wikid. But where, oh where! are the hitchhikers today? We'll discuss this later.

No comments: