Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Redeemer Intruders

So, I presented my little convoluted spiel on the Beat Generation and nobody was overly impressed. My public speaking skills are stagnant apparently. The very first thing Mike says after the completion of my presentation: "Wow. How many words of the day did you use?" Yass, I think the class got lost, but this gig was not meant for everybody -- particularly philistines and a man with a grade book. Some lad read a Trainspotting monologue and I forgot I was at Redeemer. Another fellow read a Death Cab For Cutie lyric and I desperately attempted to conceal my inner laughter.

I have class now and one tomorrow -- and then this semester's course schedule is complete. About time.

I changed my homepage from BBC to GoogleNews. Now I filter the news... sort of. The Israeli press usually offers some deep laughs. The world is dumb.

No comments: