Sunday, December 16, 2007

Between The Flatland And The Caspian Sea

Church was canceled this morning due to snow. Through my window I see a pleasant tempest outside.
Four exams over the next three days. Tough break.

Remember when I desired to see Klaxons and Voxtrot, but decided I only had enough resources to venture to one show -- so I chose Voxtrot and they canceled on me.
You know, I cannot even recall the last concert I've attended. I have been desperately searching for shows, like a rabid dog hunts flesh -- and finally, I have found one: Keren Ann is playing circa early February in Toronto. Now, she has not cracked the top fifty on Last.fm, which is a touch concerning; however, I have faith that with some more listening, and in respect to her ethereal persona and Israeli/French ancestry, I could fade into a soft shade of love before today's end. She'll never be Hope Sandoval, but you gots to work with whats yous gots. One particularly salient con of KA (the affectionate initials, obviously) is that one of her lovely tunes was featured in some lame television show. Oh, well, even Mazzy Star has been reluctantly exploited by terrible pictures and small-screen series. At least she's not like Wilco and sells her soul to a car companies. By Jove! Wilco needs a shot in the arm. Anywhoers, this is quite the digressive tangent, so I will halt.

Study, study, or fail, fail. Although, if I study I will likely die and thus fail. Paradox. Fox in the snow.

2 comments:

Kowalski said...

KA ..? honestly man?
o' lowest of lows..you have sunk to!
i'm not even gonna give her music a chance.

Belmondo Cafe said...

Desperation, I know.
Sarcastic ignorance is sarcastic bliss.