Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pale blue light along the coast

I am Nik Antropov from the 00-01 season -- the epitome of second tier. I swear I used to have mildly impressive hockey skills but they have dissipated deeply. You may be able to stretch this mediocrity struggle into a life motif: my life ambitions seem to hit the ne plus ultra territory lately -- but I do cannot elucidate these ambitions -- and they seem so grandeur, I need to crack 'em. ...but I cannot even crack Photoshop -- what chance do I have at life cracks? I cannot bring up cracksforsordidhackers.com and scroll down to life crack: 1343 2343 2343 2343 2343
If I were not so gauche and shy, things would be ineffably (word of the day last month but forgot her in the hat until now(notice I used "her", you vexing feminists)) easier. For example: Science class -- my environmental science professor mentions some sinister Australian jellyfish that liquidates people. He could not recall the name of the jelly and just stood there for a moment. Now, my knowledge of jellyfish -- particularly this Australian jellyfish -- is impressive and I immediately knew he was speaking of the Irukandji jellyfish, of which a sting results in Irukanji syndrome -- my favourite illness at the moment -- but I bashfully remained behind my laptop, feigning ignorance to my ability of specifying jellyfish.
After remaining silent, I desperately needed to speak out due to by suppressed voluble nature and thus I headed off to public speaking and delivered some ridiculous speech regarding my navigation struggles in the made metropolis of Hamilton and receive laughs a dime a half-dozen. Then, after naively believing I came across as a comical Clive Owen, my teacher stigmatizes me as "very Woody Allen like" and I return home frustrated and pick-up the paper: provincial elections are here -- like I wasn't frustrated enough. They all present nebulous and not even well crafted promises and I'd just rather see a junta come to power. Perhaps I'll refuse my ballot.
Thanksgiving is here and I am very thankful for many things -- except turkey. Actually, this is a pleasant break from school and I am quite content.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well well nags. It seems you haven't made much ground without me commenting on your 'blogs' so i shall continue yet again. I find it amazing how half the people who read your blog will not even notice the stretch you made from antro to thanskgiving. You covered quite the wide range of topics in this particular post, why not seperate them into seperate blogs? I enjoyed your views on such topics, yet i've noticed you haven't lost any of your synicism, i kind of feel like going to find something to complain about. But hey, i guess (according to you) blogs are meant for people who have something to complain about, so they sort of have to be synical.

Belmondo Cafe said...

I aspire to inspire cynicism and cholericness -- you are my success story.