Friday, October 26, 2007

The Darjeeling Limited

My long, flowy hair is no more. It has been shaved away like Richie Tenenbaum's. Or in other words: the former me was akin to Gilbert Grape, but now my appearance resembles that of Dan Dunne. If you have received these references with ease, then likely you'll understand the stupidity of this conversation:

Anonymous daff: (blah blah) ...My favourite actor is Johnny Depp!
Hero: Yes, yes! Oh, Ed Wood is amongst my most coveted pictures!
Anonymous daff: Who's Ed Woood?
Hero: Umm... I mean, how about that Pirates of the Caribbean picture?
Anonymous daff: Omg! POTC is my favourite movie, and I loved him before POTC too!
Hero: Philistine.
Anonymous daff: What? I'm pro-Israel.

Perhaps this was mildly critical but someone needs to put this anonymous daff in her place and who writes about beatniks and other happy things when an environmental science essay is lingering over one's head like a guillotine.

Continuing the film motif: I must view this "Control" picture, which deals with that Joy Division guy who liquidated himself at 23.

2 comments:

Kowalski said...

i wish i could liquidate my thoughts sometimes

Belmondo Cafe said...

Liquidate your thoughts? This reminds me "Nude".
You'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking.