Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My Own Face Inside The Trees

If you are bored on a sunny Sunday afternoon I strongly advise that you view Juno: An absolutely delightful picture show featuring the witty and sassy lead "Juno" (who knows her real name? Though, I heard through the breeze that she's Canadian) of who after the first few minutes you'll be wishing will walk out of the silver screen and into your chair. Typically, I would be ashamed to admit I enjoyed a flicker like this but, I don't know, the director just got the job done. Moreover, the soundtrack features Belle & Sebastian! Yes, yes! An incredibly pleasant surprise, which enhanced my auditory circulation ten-fold -- but the soundtrack belonged to The Moldy Peaches, who I have never even heard of, let alone listened to. The Moldy Peaches have some really swell stuff but at points is far too boorish and explicit than I am comfortable with. Speaking of music, The Clientele are ace! I have long ignored them on my iTunes, but finally, I have discovered their mellifluous tunes and I am wholly beguiled! (Too many big words in a row: that's a nono; I'm sorry).

Anywhoers, today I return to the arena of academia and I have little desire to return. My life is shrouded in white snow clouds, and I could daydream all day long. Or, until I realize I must accomplish something mildly productive 'else I feel daffy and bad. I hear girlfriends are solid instruments of motivation, but I have yet to find a young lass at Redeemer suitable to my needs (and desires).

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Juno was lackluster, in my own humble opinion.

Ashley said...

And by lackluster I mean it was mind-blowingly exceptional as is every word you write and I cringe at the thought that you consider this a "vapid" post what with all its articulate brilliance.