Friday, January 25, 2008

Lah Lah Lah

When I play Settlers, I am North Korea and my aim is to piss off as many other nations as possible. I do this by making illogical decisions, isolating myself (or if I do trade, I demand excessive resources in return), threatening other nations, and delaying time (slowing down the clock so I may bask in my supremeness). The one major drawback is my lack of nuclear missiles; I lack muscle. Anywhoers, if everyone despises me after the game, I've done my job.

Sometimes I pretend I see everything in film -- and depending on my mood, sometimes it's highly saturated modern era film (when life is beatific), or sometimes it's starch black and white film from the 50's (WHEN I PRETEND I'M 1950'S TEXAN DESERT). Or sometimes it's in technicolour but it's grainy (mundane life)

I'm as busy as a bee; school has been the death of my pleasure time lately.

I'm flying to Toronto to see The Airfields on Saturday. It's like poppier shoegaze, of course accompanied by those penchant melancholic overtones.

On Monday I start the social gospel. I hit up the Hamilton po-lice station to apply for a criminal background check. I must return a month today to pick it up. Remind me, blog; I will tag you as such.

I have nothing to say these days. I need to splash myself with relaxation and wine.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Why this infatuation with Texas? Have you seen the dynamic film "True Stories" starring David Byrne, perchance?

Kowalski said...

the po-lice came to my dwelling yesterday demanding my id
we got 4 noise complaints from our neighbours apparently...
we had a major partaay..inebriation and intoxication was rampant..
the popo was jocular tho...!
i hope your volunteering efforts are not hindered by your dark past in gun-running in algeria with jean paul belmondo