Tuesday, December 9, 2008

In Loving Memory...

An excerpt from my posthumous autobiography The Spoken Word, Dead and Still Speaking:

My career took off in a sleepy little deathtoll town on December 13th, 1995; the night of the Psychedelic Spoken Word Battle of the Bands at Uxbridge Secondary School. I warmed up my vocal chords with peppermint herbal tea, looked at my zinc-plated record hanging on the wall, and decided that, yes, tonight is my birth into the spoken world.

I arrived at the school donning a zebra furred coat, a beaver tail scarf, and a Cheshire cat grin. I took the stage and performed my chilling remembrance of endless spheres in the psych-sw anti-hit "Howl". People were moved, but none so much as me. That night I realized my ego was as inflatable as a cannonball.

Following my performance PETA converted me to animalism and I did a spread. I used my minor celebrity to pontificate my views that ice cream dealers should start tapping nursing moms, not cows. The backlash from women across North America hurt the sales of my first LP "Hey Mothers, Leave Those Cows Alone". My ego, rivaling that of Dirk Digger, had difficulty accepting the album's failure.

After being pushed from the spotlight I became a recluse in Thalia. I drove a '52 Chevy pick-up along the dusty roads and began an affair with an older woman named Genevieve. After these nothing years, I picked myself up and prepared for a comeback the size of a Buick. I went back to my roots and re-mixed "Howl" and began preparations to speak it in early 2005.

2005 was a rough year for me. I died. USS offered me the opportunity to play a reunion show and I eagerly accepted. As I sat on the stage and entered my psych-trance, I was divorced eternally from the spoken word by Genevieves husband's two-gauge shooty. Everything catches up to you in the end, but a bullet can make it seem real fast.

Remember.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

God damn, this is beautiful. One minor thing: I was told that gig in 1995 was cancelled. How is this possible?

Kowalski said...

If he only knew... Genevieve gave birth to your son! He's a rookie with the Flames.

Kowalski said...

Her husband didn't even know about this till after Nagle's death. He killed Bryan because he was hired by a jewish fella by the name of Ginsberg. He had come across Bryan's work... "Howl and other Poems" in '95 and had then gone back in time, penning it himself and spawning the Beat Generation, along with other vultures and famous homosexuals.

Belmondo Cafe said...

Is this the best advice you have!
You could have at least explained what an organelle is.
Oh boyers.

Kowalski said...

an organelle is the cell's unit of government... its a ministry of the cell.

Belmondo Cafe said...

Excuse me, Kowalski. Comments should pertain to the post.

Kowalski said...

who initiated the digression... putin?

Belmondo Cafe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.