Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spit out your lies and chewing gum

Chrystal is not very receptive to my fm transmitter these days. Regardless of the channel I choose the radio crackles over the auditory delight I am desperate to absorb. To make use of the dissonance I resign to playing My Bloody Valentine and make believe the soft radio buzz is yet another droning guitar. Or if the interfering channel is more "talk" then I play Brian Eno & David Byrne and make believe the chatter is part of the dynamic duo's odd eclectic sound.

The moments I am not plagued by this "First World Problem" of fm transmitter malfunctions, I listen to bad asses from a semi-affluent Parisian suburb of Versailles: Phoenix. Only unfeeling robots would hold their foot steady for "Consolation Prizes."

One cannot be truly indolent unless absorbing Beach House's dream-pop melodies. My transition into nature's incubator has been smoother than anticipated.

3 comments:

Kowalski said...

dude i listened to this phoenix you speak of back in my heyday in helsinki..!
run run run, off their alphabetical album was on mix audio cd that i burnt to listen to on the metro to school across some blonde, blue eyed beaute.. haha

Kowalski said...

mind you i didn't know they were from a badass parisian banlieue..
i'll revisit them now!

Belmondo Cafe said...

I absorbed Phoenix in my melancholic high school days. Sofia Coppola introduced us in 2003. We've been united ever since.
Additionally it should be noted that Phoenix has two tracks on the Arts & Crafts sampler I received at (I forget).