Thursday, November 29, 2007

Here come the lonely ones

On Sunday, I headed to church like a good, small town Christian boy. I attended a church I had never been to before -- a nondenom. I thought the Call to Worship thing was weirdly individualistic. Then I felt a demonic presence. That's when I realize: this is no church. This is a Unitarian Universalist centre and they basically desired for me to toss out Jesus and accept a bright ball of light into my soul to gain higher spiritual understanding. I attempted to flee but some angry-looking bandanna man slammed the door. Then some lost soul grabbed my hand, swayed, and sang. And, loneys, the preacher woman: so savage and superb, wild-eyed and magnificent! Her insanity impressed me but her denseness destroyed her credibility to even a credulous individual. But she made these lost folks impressionable -- on a lesser scale akin to Republicans harvesting Evangelicals into little fascists in the States.
I manged to shamble out during some New Age witchery while they had their red eyes closed.
One of them flung itself on its hindlegs and begged me to stay but I am no sucker.
What a let down. Someone needs to crush that pagan palace into the ground.

2 comments:

Kowalski said...

unitarian what?
i am glad you escaped that demonic institution

Belmondo Cafe said...

Unitarian Universalists are basically primitive animists in a postmodernity setting.